Whenever I see her, I feel a quick heartening of my heart. They say that when you experience fear, you feel the rush of adrenaline and your senses heighten. I have also heard that you experience a similar sensation when you are in love. The writers of yore weren't off the mark when they had described the symptoms of love.

There was a brief lull of contacts between us. Our collegiate education in different cities were one reason. I also wanted to see if I could grow out of this so-called calf love. I plunged into my studies. I felt as if I was happy. Those first few months were filled with bliss and the zest of youth. But it was just the calm before the storm.

I realized that I was just being untrue to myself. Memories of her still lingered in my dreams. I longed to hear her voice, to see her. Yet deep within my heart, I had this small fear, a fear that I was wrong; wrong for having such thoughts towards my friend. I found that this fear was all that kept from rushing back home to her and tell her of my feelings for her. I also found it necessary to keep this fear surpressed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog