The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a glowing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of Divine accident. - Sir Hugh Walpole
She is everything a woman ought to be. Sweet and kind, pure of mind and beautiful to see. Her countenance is never without a smile or a pout. Her eyes twinkling with intelligence and humour, make me forget the cares of the world. She is also sensitive.
I recall the days when I taught her the game of chess. She used to be a very talented and quick learner. Soon she was beating me in every game. I was tearing my hair in despair. I was angry with myself for having taught her the game. One day I decided it was enough. You see I had not taught her everything I knew. I still had a few tricks up my sleeve.
That day, as I perplexed her with some Byzantine moves, I was on the verge of victory as she fell into my traps, laid with the cunningness of a Roman general against the barbarians. The final stroke was pure genius. As I made my move, I saw a swift hand strike the board, quick as lightning. The chessmen scattered like a flock of geese on a gunshot. A swift blur of clothing was all ...
Comments