That thin line between us, the line between friendship and love, seems to be a wide chasm. I know I should not cross it. I know I cannot cross it. I want to say that 'I love you'. I want to shout it out loud. But it is one song I cannot sing. It is one melody I cannot play for her. Because I know I am just a friend to her.
A mighty pain to love it is,
And 't is a pain that pain to miss;
But of all pains, the greatest pain
It is to love, but love in vain.
from Anacreon, vii. Gold. , Abraham Cowley
Last night, she called me to know how I was coping with my sickness. I said a single word, durabo. She understood. She always did. Then we spoke a lot about our mutual friends, what I was doing and what she was doing. It really feels good to speak with her for two days in a row. It brings back memories of the days when we used to spend our time together every evening, sharing jokes and stories. After it was over, I realized we never spoke about our yesterday's topic. She has put it behind her as she usually did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog