The start of a new year brought both joy and sorrow. Joy, 'cause she was there to wish me a happy new year; sorrow 'cause I was sick and therefore I couldn't spend much time with her.

She was concerned on my health. She wanted me to see a doctor. But she knew that I would not heed her. She always looked a little more beautiful when she was angry. Her eyes smouldering and her lips upturned were a delight to watch. I was listening to some msuic when she came visiting. Don Williams was crooning a lovely touching song.
You're my friend when I'm hungry.
You're my shelter from troubled winds.
You're my anchor in life's ocean.
But most of all you're my best friend.

When I need hope and inspiration;
You are always strong when I'm tired and weak.
I could search this whole world over,
You'd still be everything that I need.
I enjoyed her company, my only bright spot for the past couple of days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog