Yesterday was a total disaster. She was leaving that night and I was trying desperately to reach her home on time. When I finally did, she wasn't there. Her mother said she had gone to a relative's place. Waiting for her, I looked around me. Her touch could be seen everywhere in her house. From a painting that hung on the wall to the precisely arranged flowers on the table. God, how would my home look if she looked after it.

Her photo albums offered a glimpse of her life down the years. I hadn't really noticed how she had changed over the years. I found it difficult to believe that they were pictures of the same girl I knew. Maybe it is true that love is blind. She always looked lovely whenever she wore skirts.

Her room had the presence of an intelligent woman. Books lay neatly arranged in shelves with academic related ones on one shelf and other books on another. An elegant crucifix adorned the top shelf. Her desk too was arranged so neat. I recalled her saying that she always wanted things to be neat and clean. Her room reflected her conviction.

I thought of my room. The last time she had come to my room, she was truly appalled. She threw a disapproving glance at me.

"Don't even think about it?"

"How will you find anything in this ... this mess."

"This is not a mess. I call it 'organized chaos.'"

"What..?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"Try me"

"Forget it."

"Something you read in a book, I suppose."

"No, everything is in the right place. In its rightful proper place."

"Hmmm..."


After waiting almost a couple of hours, I trudged back home unable to see her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog