She's always on my mind. In my dreams and each waking thought. We know that we are friends. But she means more to me than just a friend. Every face I see on the street reminds me of her. It seems to me that she's always standing next to me, whispering softly in my ear.

I first saw her when I was ten. She was just a girl who lived in the same neighbourhood. At first, I thought she was just another pretty girl, one of the many women I would come to know in the long years ahead. I was wrong.

She caught my mind. I was attracted towards her. Thinking about it now, I realize that it wasn't just a physical attraction; I felt a deeper emotional attachment with her. I would be lying if I said that there was no physical attraction. But the emotional part felt stronger than the physical part.

I began my attempts to know her better. I met with success on some fronts and failures in others. A psychiatrist would have just said that I was infatuated by her. Yeah, they could have been right. I was infatuated with her. But an infatuation is a temporary phase. It should have disappeared by the time I grew older. It didn't. Instead, it grew stronger and stronger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog